Fresh content creation seems to be one of the most trusted methods at the moment when it comes to online marketing, driving web traffic and improving overall search rankings. But how critical is it in terms of improving your SEO?
Strategies and thinking in terms of SEO have radically changed over recent years, and are still constantly evolving. Strategies which have worked in the past in terms of improving your search rankings are now taboo, and if implemented you may be subjected to heavy penalties resulting in a decrease in web traffic. Ranking well in search results can be extremely important for a business, and to be successful a company must keep up to date with correct industry practices, techniques, and strategies to ensure a positive effect is experienced in terms of ranking in search results.
One popular strategy at the moment is fresh content creation. The content of any website is extremely important since it’s really the content which your visitors are most likely to be interested in. High quality, unique, relevant and informative content for your readers is extremely valuable when it comes to SEO and increasing your web traffic. The key, however, is ensuring the content creation is good. Poor, low-quality articles or blogs which are thin on content could have a negative effect when it comes to your website ranking.
Below are 5 reasons why regularly adding good content to your website or blog helps:
- Drive web traffic – Traffic is crucial when it comes to selling products, promoting services and increasing brand awareness. Adding more articles or blogs means more pages may be returned in searches, resulting in an increase in traffic and hopefully conversions.
- Increase social media engagement and shares – Sharing your own articles or blogs should be an integral part of your social media strategy and is a good way to gain new interest and followers, as well as enable your customers to share your content amongst their own social media networks. For the best possible results, make sure your social sharing buttons prominently located on your website to entice as much of your audience as possible to share your articles.
- Return visitors – Many companies make the mistake of only trying to attract new visitors. However, existing customers also play a vital role in the growth of your business. Fresh content creation may build trust and interest with previous visitors, and would ideally encourage them to make another purchase or inquiry.
- Build authority – This is another great way to build trust with your audience and help your rankings. Regularly publishing high-quality content for your readers can establish you as an expert in your field and knowledgeable in your particular industry niche.
- Good for SEO – Regularly adding content to your website means there are more pages for the search engines to index, and also presents opportunities to optimize pages for additional keywords. It is important content is always compiled with your readers in mind and not for search engines.
Content is important and fresh content, in particular, is the key to attracting new visitors, engaging with returning visitors and building a trusting relationship with your audience.